The Health Benefit of Seaweed Food
Sea vegetables are known for super healthy and nutritious food that contain full of vitamins and minerals. Also, they are rich in iodine, calcium, copper and iron too. Today we share a recipe for making Miyeok (Seaweed) Salad that is one of the most popular banchan (side dishes) of Korean cuisine during the summer season. Be noted that seaweed salad is best to serve in cold and you may keep in refrigerated before serving.
How to make Miyeok (Seaweed) Salad
- 1 oz Dried Miyeok (seaweed)
- 1 Kirby cucumber or ½ Korean cucumber
- ¼ Korean radish
- ¼ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Soak the dried Miyeok (seaweed) in cold water for about 20-30 minutes
- Boil water with a pot then blanch the soaked seaweed for about a minute. Stir occasionally while blanching
- Rinse with cold water until the seaweed is completely cool.
- Drain and squeeze out water then cut it into bite size pieces
- Wash then thinly slice cucumber and Korean radish or other extra vegetables.
- Make sauce: Combine Vinegar, sugar, minced garlic, salt, soy sauce and sesame seeds in a small bowl then stir until the sugar gets fully dissolved.
- Place chopped Miyeok and other vegetables in a big bowl then pour the prepared sauce (#6) into the bowl. Mix well with few ice cubes (optional)
Asian Mart's Seaweed products: