Korean Miyeok-Guk - Seaweed Soup
30g dried seaweed
100g deef brisket
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
Up to 1 tbsp minced garlic
6 cups of water
- Rehydrate the seaweed by placing it in a bowl of water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, wash the seaweed thoroughly and cut it into 5cm lengths each and drain. (You can use pre cut seaweed for this)
- Dry up any blood from the beef with a paper towel and slice thinly, typically 2.5 by 2.5 cm measurements.
- Saute the beef with the sesame oil. When the beef changes color, add in the seaweed and saute until it softens.
- Once soft, add the water and wait for it to boil. Once at boiling point, reduce it to a medium heat and mix in the soy sauce and minced garlic. (You don't have to use 1tbsp could be less, mix to preferred taste)
- After 15 minutes of cooking at a medium heat, reduce it to a low heat and cook this way for 5 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
(You can enjoy this dish with a side of bap; glutinous rice/ sticky rice)