Kimchijeon (Korean Kimchi Pancake)
This recipe is a Korean classic and a favorite to enjoy during the rainy days. Think of it as Korean soul food! It's easy to make and versatile for any meal of the day.
½ of an onion
2 green chilis
1 cup of water
½ tsp of salt
1 cup (128g) of BEKSUL Pancake Mix for Cooking Authentic & Delicious Korean Taste 2.2lbs (1kg)
3 tsp of BEKSUL 100% Perilla Oil 300ml
1 can of WANG KOREA Canned Kimchi 5.64oz (160g) * 2 or
DONGWON Yangban Stir-Fried Kimchi (160g) * 2
(100g of minced pork is optional)
- Chop kimchi into small pieces, cut the onion into thin slices and dice the green chilis into small bits.
- Mix the kimchi, onion, green chili into a bowl with the flour, salt, water and egg. (If you use pork add it into the mixture as well)
- Coat a frying pan with the oil and gently pour the mixture/ batter into the pan. Use a spatula to flatten it enough so it cooks evenly. (You can prepare it in smaller batches as well, similar to an American pancake!)
- Cook until both sides are evenly crispy and golden brown.
- Cut the pancake into smaller portions (if you have not prepared it in small batches) and serve alone or with a soy vinegar dipping sauce.