Dubu Jorim (Braised Tofu Dish)
Dubu Jorim is a delicious and easy to make, braised tofu dish. It's a popular year round recipe in Korea that can be enjoyed anytime. This is a great starting recipe for those who are new to using tofu and want to try something new. We're sure this one will easily become a favorite you'll find yourself craving!
Ingredients for the Sauce:
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
¼ cup of diced scallions (green onion)
3 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of sugar
3 tablespoons of SEMPIO Seasoning Soy Sauce (Ganjang)
1 tablespoon of SAMHAK Pure Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon of HOUSEFOODS Ichimi Togarashi Red Pepper (Gochugaru)
1 teaspoon of SAMHAK Black Sesame Seed
Let's make the sauce first!
- Mince 1 teaspoon of garlic. Dice up ¼ cup of scallion (green onion). And mix in all ingredients (water, sugar, Ganjang, sesame oil, Gochugaru and sesame seeds) into a small bowl mixing them thoroughly. Set aside for now.
- Cut the tofu into ½ inch thick rectangular/ square pieces. Pat the tofu dry with a paper towel and set aside for now.
- Heat up the teaspoon of grapeseed oil in a non-stick skillet over a medium to medium high heat. Add the tofu pieces gently (tofu can break very easily!) and sear until lightly golden brown on both sides. (About 3 to 4 minutes on each side)
- While following Step 2, make sure to pour the sauce over the tofu as it gradually cooks with a spoon until the tofu is coated. Make sure to gently lift the tofu sides so the sauce can get under them as well.
- After all the sauce has been poured in, flip over the tofu and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Then serve cold or warm and enjoy!
*This dish is usually served with a bowl of bap! (Rice) And you can add Gochujang (red pepper paste) to make it super spicy!