Chamchijeon (Korean Tuna Pancake)
A step by step guide for a delicious and healthy lunch time meal!
It's easy to cook and this Korean recipe can make to up 2-3 servings of tuna pancakes.
- 1 red chili pepper or 1 red bell pepper (you choose!)
- 1 scallion (green onion)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large egg
- 150g of a DONGWON DHA Tuna Can
- 5 tbsp of BEKSUL Pancake Mix for Cooking Authentic & Delicious Korean Taste
- ¼ tsp of TOMAX Coarse Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp of CHUNGJUNGONE Roasted Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of OTTOGI Premium Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp of LOMBARDI Avocado Oil
- AJINOMOTO Gyoza Dipping Sauce (For dipping!)
- Mince the red pepper, tuna, scallion and garlic clove into small pieces. Make sure to remove any pepper seeds.
- Mix the items from Step 1 into a bowl with the salt, pepper, egg, roasted sesame oil and pancake flour. Make sure to mix thoroughly and evenly together.
- Heat up a nonstick pan with the avocado oil, as it heats up, spread the oil evenly around the pan.
- Once hot, take spoonful's of the mixture from the bowl and place it into 2 or 3 small pancakes on the pan with even spaces. Press down on the edges of the pancakes with the spoon. (You can make them as thick or as thin as you want, this specific recipe is to make evenly sized mini pancakes for 2-3 servings)
- Cook the pancakes for up to 3-5 minutes on a low medium heat. When the bottom is a golden brown, flip the pancakes over to the other side until both sides are an even golden brown. Another way to tell they are done is when the egg is no longer runny.
- After the 3-5 minutes of cooking time, serve the pancakes with a side of cooked rice. (Usually sticky or white rice will do) And enjoy with a side of AJINOMOTO Gyoza Dipping Sauce.
| Posted on January 14 2022