How to Make Basic Udon Soup
Any season is soup season if you wish it to be! What better soup to enjoy to feel cozy than a classic Udon recipe? This easy Udon recipe will definitely leave you feeling satisfied after every bowl.
1 clove of garlic (finely minced/ chopped)
2 Scallions or CHORIPDONG Dried Kelp (Sliced) 4oz (114g)
1-2 servings of HAKUBAKU Organic Udon 9.5oz (269g)
MARUTOMO Dried Smoked & Shaved Skipjack Tuna (Hanakatsuo) 2.82oz (80g) (optional)
SEMPIO Soup Base, Bonito 11.83fl oz (350ml)
- Cut up the scallions/ kelp into thin slices and hold in a small bowl.
- Put 4 cups of water in a pot with the desired amount of scallion and the chopped garlic, bring the water to a boil on high heat.
- Leave the water boiling on a low heat for up to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes have passed, strain the scallion/ kelp and the garlic without removing the water. and set aside for later.
- Add the tuna flakes to the water and boil for another 5 minutes as well, then remove the same way as the scallion/ kelp. Make sure to keep the ingredients separate up until this point.(remember that Tuna Flakes are optional)
- Add the soup base until the broth has the consistency and taste you like. At this point make sure that the water is boiling.
- Once at boiling point, add in the noodles to boil with the soup base. Once the noodles are soft, mix in the scallion/ kelp, garlic and tuna flakes into the pot thoroughly.
- Mix thoroughly, serve into a soup bowl and enjoy!